Makerbot Flexible Filament - Normal [1kg]
MakerBot Flexible Filament for MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printers opens new potential for 3D prints, enabling functional hinges, joints, and shaped parts.
- MakerBot Flexible Filament is a polyester-based filament with a low melting point that makes it easier to extrude
- Heat your print with hot water to reshape and remold it; the form will set when cooled
- MakerBot Flexible Filament is nontoxic, does not absorb water, and is more tolerant of atmospheric humidity than MakerBot PLA Filament or MakerBot ABS Filament
SPECIAL DIRECTIONS FOR USE
MakerBot Flexible Filament flows and melts at significantly lower temperatures than MakerBot PLA Filament. To avoid problems with the filament melting outside the extruder nozzle, it’s important to load and unload the MakerBot Flexible Filament at a lower temperature.
IMPORTANT: Any time MakerBot Flexible Filament is loaded or unloaded and there isn’t any prior MakerBot PLA Filament to be purged, you must set the Change Filament temperature to 120°C.
Please follow these steps when switching between filaments:
FROM: MakerBot PLA Filament
TO: MakerBot Flexible Filament
Follow the normal Change Filament procedure to load the MakerBot Flexible Filament. To prevent overheating of the MakerBot Flexible Filament inside the extruder, stop the procedure as soon as the previous MakerBot PLA Filament is no longer present.
FROM: MakerBot Flexible Filament
TO: MakerBot PLA Filament
Using the MakerBot Replicator 2 display console, reduce the Change Filament target temperature to 120°C and unload the MakerBot Flexible Filament. Then, to load MakerBot PLA Filament, increase the temperature to 230°C and load the filament.
- MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer
PRIOR TO PRINTING
- Please make sure to follow the specific load and unload directions listed in the description section.
- Be sure your build plate is level, clean, and oil-free.
- Glass Temp: 60°C (140°F)
- Melting Temp: 58~60°C (136.4~140° F)
- Nozzle Temp: 100°C (212°F)
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
- Spool Diameter: 20.32 cm (8 in)
- Spool Width: 7.62 cm (3 in)
- Spool Hub Hole: 5.08 cm (2 in)
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Shipping Weight: 1.36 kg (3 lb)
- Net Weight: 1 kg (2.2 lb)