BBC micro: bit Starter Kit (starter kit incl. USB cable and battery with holder)
The Starter Pack consists of a
It contains everything you need to connect your BBC micro:bit to your computer and also enables you to power your BBC micro:bit once you disconnect it from the USB. Your BBC micro:bit will come in one of 4 colour schemes, unfortunately it is not possible to specify which colour you will receive.
The BBC micro:bit is a powerful handheld, fully programmable, computer designed by the BBC and a number of partners to encourage children to get actively involved in writing software and building new things that will be controlled by it. Write your code using one of the easy to use editors provided on the BBC micro:bit website, connect your BBC micro:bit to your computer via USB press the compile button in the editor and then drop the downloaded file directly onto your BBC micro:bit. There is also an app for Android devices.
Wirelessly connect and interact with the world around you. Use Bluetooth Low Energy to connect to mobile phones and tablets, take a selfie or drive the music in your playlists.
- Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM® Cortex ™ M0 CPU
- A 5x5 LED array with 25 red LEDs that can light and display animated patterns, scrolling text and characters
- Two programmable buttons. Use them as game controllers or control the music on a smartphone
- Built-in motion sensor (3-way digital accelerometer) that detects movement such as shaking, tilt or free fall
- Built-in compass (3D magnetometer) to detect direction and your movement in degrees
- Bluetooth® Smart Technology. Connect micro: bit to other micros: bits, devices, phones, tablets, camera, and other everyday objects
- 20-pin edge connector: So you can connect micro: bit to other devices such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Galileo and Canoe using standard connectors
- Micro USB controller: Controlled via your own processor that allows you to connect micro: bit to a computer as a memory stick
- 5 Input and Output (I / O) including power (PWR), ground (GRD) and 3 x I / O
- System LED x 1 (yellow)
- System push button switch x 1
- Read values from sensors and check other things like motors and robots